President of the Fund “Humanitarian World”
June 30, 2021
REGULATION ON HOLDING
THE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL
“ROAD TO YALTA 2022”
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. These Regulations outline the procedure and regulations for holding the international music festival “Road to Yalta 2022” (hereinafter – Festival).
1.2. Under the scope of the Festival, the contest is held with preparation and conduct to be carried out by the Foundation for Assistance to Compatriots in the Humanitarian and Social Problems Zones “HUMANITARIAN WORLD” (hereinafter – the Organizer), which subject to its authority:
- Is the main governing body of the Festival;
- Carries out general management and control;
- Ensures giving the awards to the winners and laureates of the Festival;
- Approves the members of the jury of the Festival;
- Establishes the procedures and registers the results of the Festival;
- Approves the Regulations on the Festival and monitors its compliance.
1.3. The day-to-day management of the Festival is performed by the Organizing Committee:
- Cooperation with information partners of the Festival;
- Publishing information regarding the contest on the website and in other mass media;
- Provision of organizational, technical and methodological support of the Festival and the activities of the jury;
1.4. Any information about the Festival is made available on the website doroganayaltu.ru.
2. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE FESTIVAL
2.1. The purposes of the Festival are as follows:
- Engagement of foreign viewers in Russian musical traditions and strengthening the true image of the Soviet soldier-liberator;
- Development of event tourism and positioning of the Republic of Crimea as an integral part of Russia;
- Preservation of historical memory and continuity of generations based on the art of singing about the Great Patriotic War and the heroism of the Soviet people.
2.2. Objectives of the festival:
- Organization of the distance Festival among foreign singers for the best literary translation and performance of popular domestic songs related to the war period in the national languages of the contestants;
- Establishment in the Republic of Crimea of a platform for strengthening and expanding informal contacts of political, cultural and business circles on the basis of “music diplomacy”;
- Holding the semifinals, gala concert of the festival, performance of songs of the war period by foreign finalists in duets with Russian artists and summing up the results of the Festival by engaging foreign audience in the process of online voting for the contestants;
- Engagement of the community of bloggers from all over the world and mass media to promote the purpose of the festival and highlight the main stages of its implementation.
3. CONTEST PROCEDURES
3.1. Announcement of the Festival and commencement of contest procedures is performed by the Organizer through mass media and by publishing information on the website.
3.2. The contest procedure includes the following stages:
STAGE I – SELECTION
3.3. Pre-selection of contestants is carried out by the Organizer by collection of contestant applications and assessment of their compliance with the established requirements.
3.4. The applications shall be submitted according to the form made available on the website. The contestant shall:
- complete a questionnaire on the website doroganayaltu.ru specifying all the requested information (give consent to the processing of personal data and agree with the terms and conditions of the Festival);
- send to the Organizer to e-mail email@example.com a link to the performance by the contestant of a vocal song in any genre from his/her own repertoire.
3.5. The contestant applications shall be submitted within the term set forth by the Regulations (section 4). Information about the term is published on the website doroganayaltu.ru.
3.6. Contestant application requirements:
- a video of a vocal performance from his/her own repertoire shall be presented with reference to an Internet resource with free access to viewing and downloading the video to a computer of the user during the entire period of the Festival.
3.7. Subject to the results of stage I, the Organizer executes the list of 15 (fifteen) contestants who received the highest final grades.
3.8. Selected contestants are invited to participate in the II and III stages of the Festival. Final information on the results of the qualifying round of the Festival and the contestants who reached the semifinals is sent to the contestants of the qualifying round to their personal email upon completion of the qualifying round, but not later than March 10, 2022.
II STAGE – SEMI-FINAL
3.9. Contestants in the semi-final round are invited to complete a special competitive task. The organizing committee determines a song for the contestant of the semi-final to perform. The tasks for the semi-finals of the Festival are sent personally to the email of the contestants who have passed the qualifying round.
3.10. Contestants selected for participation in the Semifinal of the Festival shall:
- send to the Organizer to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org a link to his/her own video showpiece published on his/her personal page in any of the social networks (Facebook, VK, Instagram);
- provide literary translation of any song in his/her native language.
3.11 Requirements for submitted materials:
- the video showpiece shall be provided in a video file format that meets the minimum requirements for technical quality, sufficient for an adequate assessment of the application (image: resolution – at least Full HD, format – MPEG-4; sound: stereo, frequency – at least 44.1 kHz) Record the video showpiece against the background of a cultural and historical place in the town, the country of the contestant or on a green background (chromakey). The video recording of the showpiece shall be made by the contestant who is specified in the contestant application. The performer shall be clearly visible on the video. The duration of the showpiece should not be more than 3.5 minutes, and the following information shall be specified: full name, age, country, experience of music activity and answer to the question: “Why did you decide to take part in the festival “Road to Yalta”. An email is sent to the email address of the Festival with a link to a video showpiece published on a personal page in a social network with free access for viewing (YouTube);
- literary translation of any of the specified songs in the native language. The file shall be saved in pdf format.
3.12. Selected contestants shall send a video of performance of the received song to email email@example.com not later than March 25, 2022.
3.13. The Jury of the Festival makes assessment and comments on the performance of the contestants during the semifinal round, executes protocols stating the number of scores received by each contestant of the Festival, and transfers them to the Organizing Committee.
III STAGE – FINAL
3.14. All contestants who participated in the semi-final round and admitted by the decision of the Festival jury shall be admitted to the final of the Festival.
3.15. The Organizing Committee shall have the right to announce additional selection of contestants for participation in the Festival at any stage.
3.16. The Organizing Committee of the Festival ensures the voting for the audience award. Voting begins on April 01, 2022 and will last until April 30, 2022, 21:00. The results are announced during the final of the Festival.
3.17. Anyone can vote for the contestants of the Festival. Voting will be carried out on the website doroganayaltu.ru.
4. TERM OF CONTEST PROCEDURES
4.1. The contest is held from 01.07.2021 to 30.04.2022.
ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATIONS ON THE WEBSITE (01.07.2021 – 01.02.2022)
SEMIFINAL OF THE FESTIVAL (28.04.2022)
FINAL OF THE FESTIVAL (30.04.2022)
5. SUMMING UP THE RESULTS OF THE FESTIVAL. ANNOUNCEMENT AND GIVING AWARDS TO WINNERS AND LAUREATES OF THE FESTIVAL
5.1. The Jury summarizes the results of the II and III stage of the Festival, prepares protocols specifying the number of scores received by each contestant of the Festival, submits it to the Organizer upon the last performance of the contestant. The final score of the contestant consists of the semi-final and final and is determined by the members of the Jury based on a ten-point scale.
5.2. The winner of the Festival shall be the contestant who received the most scores according to the results of stages II and III. The contestants who took the second and third places shall be referred to as laureates of the Festival.
5.3. The winners of the festival, the contestants who took 1, 2, 3 places, are awarded as follows:
FIRST PLACE – 2 MILLION RUBLES
SECOND PLACE – 1.5 MILLION RUBLES
THIRD PLACE – 1 MILLION RUBLES
5.4. The Organizer of the festival will give a special prize and an audience award 500 000 rubles worth.
5.5. The winner of the Audience Award is determined by Internet voting on the website doroganayaltu.ru, in which the audience of the festival participates.
5.6 All contestants of the Festival in all categories are awarded honorary diplomas and valuable prizes.
5.7. The prizes are payable in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Russian Federation in rubles at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation as of the date of payment of the prize and is subject to taxation in accordance with applicable laws of the Russian Federation.
6. CONTESTANTS OF THE FESTIVAL
6.1. The Festival is open to foreign nationals who have reached the full legal age.
6.2. The contestants shall have experience in the area of vocal performance and shall have professional portfolio.
6.3. The Contestant shall have the right to refuse to participate in the Contest at any stage, by giving prior notice to the Organizing Committee before the planned date of termination of participation in the Contest.
7. JURY OF THE FESTIVAL
7.1. The Jury may include artists, actors, representatives of mass media and public authorities, and representatives of the Organizer of the Festival. The Chairman of the Jury is approved by the Organizer of the Festival.
7.2. Semi-finalists and winners of the Festival are determined subject to the following:
- the level of skill, expressiveness, quality, culture and technique of the performance;
- the artistry of the contestants and visual appeal of the performance;
- the presence of bright concept and its artistic presentation;
- modernity, originality, relevance, compliance with the outlined objective and the age of the contestants;
- integrity of the performance, compliance with the idea and genre of the piece, the performance style of the contestants.
8.1. The Organizer of the Festival reserves the right at any time without prior notice to amend the Regulations, and any other document governing the holding of the Festival.
8.2. The Organizer is not liable for any copyright infringement by contestants and third parties. The Organizer reserves the right to use the contestants applications for non-commercial purposes, subject to mandatory indication of the name of the author.
8.3. By submitting an application for participation in the Contest, the contestant of the Festival agrees to publishing on the official website and in other media his/her personal data (full name), and photos and videos with his/her participation in the International Music Festival “Road to Yalta”.
8.4. The Organizer shall have the right to suspend any contestant from participation in the Festival for any breach of these Regulations, misconduct in the Russian Federation, desecration and distortion of historical facts about the Great Patriotic War, and any offence against territorial integrity and sovereignty of the country.