President of the “Humanitarian World Foundation”
“01” November 2019
in new edition
“17” march 2020
INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL «ROAD TO YALTA»
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. These Regulations determine the procedure and regulations for the 1st international vocal competition “Road to Yalta” (hereinafter referred to as the Competition).
1.2. Preparations for and conduct of the Competition are carried out by the Foundation for Assistance to Compatriots in the Humanitarian and Social Problems Zones “HUMANITARIAN WORLD” (hereinafter referred to as the Organizer), which is within its competence:
- the main governing body of the Competition, carries out general management and control;
- carries out operational management of events within the framework of the Competition;
- organizes rewarding of winners and laureates of the Competition;
- approves the Jury;
- establishes the procedure and records the results of the Competition;
- approves the Regulation on the Competition and monitor its compliance.
1.3. The operational management of the contest is carried out by the Organizing Committee:
- engages with information partners of the Competition;
- places information about the Competition on the Internet site and in other mass media;
- provides organizational and technical support of the Competition, the activities of Jury.
1.4. Information about the Competition is available on the website: doroganayaltu.ru
2. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPETITION
2.1. The festival is held in order:
- involvement of the foreign audience in the national musical traditions and strengthening the true image of the Soviet soldier-liberator;
- popularization of Crimea among foreign citizens as a hospitable and attractive region for tourism;
- preservation of historical memory and continuity of generations on the basis of song art about the great Patriotic war and the feats of the Soviet people.
2.2. Tasks of the festival:
- organization of a correspondence competition among foreign artists on the best performance of the popular soviet songs in the national languages of the contestants;
- creation of a platform in the Republic of Crimea for strengthening and expanding informal contacts of political, cultural and business circles on the basis of “musical diplomacy”;
- holding a gala concert of the festival, performance of wartime songs by foreign finalists in duets with Russian artists and summing up the results of the competition by the jury;
- attracting a community of bloggers from different countries and mass media to promote the goals of the festival and highlight the main stages of its implementation;
- involvement of foreign audiences in the Soviet art of songs.
3. COMPETITION PROGRAM
3.1. The announcement of the Competition and the beginning of the competition procedures is made by the Organizer through the media and by publishing information on the website.
3.2. The procedure for conducting competitive procedures includes the following stages:
Stage I — qualifying. Pre-selection of contestants is carried out by the Organizer by collecting bids and evaluating their compliance with the established requirements.
- Bids that do not meet the pre-selection requirements will not participate in the Competition.
- Based on the results of the preliminary selection, the organizing Committee forms lists of contestants who have passed the preliminary selection, and evaluates the bids according to the indicators set out in the Regulations (section 8.2). In the interests of a comprehensive, objective and independent evaluation of bids, the results of the evaluation of each member of the organizing Committee are not subject to publication.
- According to the results of the first stage, the Organizer creates a list of 15 (fifteen) contestants who received the highest final scores.
- The selected contestants are invited to participate in the second and third stages of the competition.
Stage II — semifinal in online format. Participants of the semifinal round are invited to complete a special competition task. The organizing Committee determines a song for the semi-final participant to perform at this stage. Tasks for the semi-final of the Competition are sent personally to the e-mail addresses of the participants who passed the qualifying round. The selected contestants must send a video performance of the received song to the following email address: email@example.com no later than April 20, 2021. The competition jury evaluates and comments on the performance of the contestants during the semi-final round, draws up protocols indicating the number of points scored by each participant of the Competition and transmits them to the organizing Committee.
Stage III — final. All participants who participated in the semifinal round and were admitted by the decision of the competition Jury are allowed to enter the final Round.
3.3. The contestant has the right to refuse to participate in the Competition at any of its stages, having previously notified the organizing Committee before the planned date of termination of participation in the Competition.
3.4. The organizing Committee has the right to announce an additional selection of contestants to participate in the Festival.
3.5. The organizing Committee of the Festival provides 3 stages of online voting for the audience award. Stage 1 will take place during the broadcast of the semifinal concert of the international music festival “Road to Yalta”, stage 2 — from the end of the broadcast of the semifinal of The international music festival “Road to Yalta” to the day of the final of the Festival offline, stage 3 — during the final of The international music festival “Road to Yalta”.
Anyone can vote for the contestants.
Voting will be carried out on the website doroganayaltu.ru
4. TERMS OF COMPETITIVE PROCEDURES
4.1. The competition is held in the period from 01.10.2020 at 01.05.2021.
The Beginning of The Competition (01.10.2020)
Accepting applications on the website (01.10.2020 — 01.02.2021)
Semi-Final of The Competition (30.04.2021)
Final of the Competition (01.05.2021)
5. PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
5.1. Submission of bids is carried out through the form posted on the website. The contestant must:
- fill out the form on the site doroganayaltu.ru specifying all the requested information (consent to the processing of personal data and confirm your agreement to the terms of the competition);
- send an email to the Organizer firstname.lastname@example.org a link to the contestant’s performance of a vocal work in any genre from their own repertoire;
- send an email to the Organizer email@example.com Facebook, Instagram link to your own video business card published on your personal page in any of the social networks (Facebook, VK, Instagram);
- provide a literary translation of the song listed in Annex 1 in your native language.
5.2. Bids are submitted within the time limits set by the Regulations (section 4). Information about deadlines is published on the site: doroganayaltu.ru
5.3. Requirements for the tender application:
- a video of a vocal work from your own repertoire must be submitted with a link to an Internet resource with free access to view and download the video to the user’s computer during the entire period of the Contest;
- video business card is provided in a video file format that meets the minimum technical quality requirements, sufficient for an adequate assessment of the application (image: resolution — at least Full HD, format — MPEG-4; sound: stereo, frequency — at least 44.1 kHz) record video business card should be against the background of a cultural and historical place in the locality, the country of the contestant, or on a green background (chromakey). The vcard must be videotaped with the contestant specified in the competition application. The performer must be clearly visible on the video. The duration of the video card should not exceed 3.5 minutes. you must include the following information: full name, age, country, experience in music and the answer to the question: “Why did you decide to take part in the “Road to Yalta” festival?”. An email is sent to the Festival’s email address with a link to a video business card published on a personal page in a social network with free access to viewing (YouTube).
5.4. When submitting an application, the contestant must immediately send a video of the vocal work and a video business card in addition to the completed questionnaire. The literary translation of the song must be sent no later than two weeks from the date of sending the application.
5.5. Contest performances are sent to the Contest email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 01, 2021.
5.6. The organizer is not responsible for copyright infringement by contestants and third parties. The organizer reserves the right to use the competition applications for non-commercial purposes, but with the mandatory indication of the author’s name.
5.7. The final information about the results of the qualifying round of the Competition and the participants who made it to the semifinals is sent to the participants of the qualifying round to their personal email addresses after the end of the qualifying round, but no later than April 15, 2021.
6. SUMMING UP THE RESULTS OF THE COMPETITION. ANNOUNCEMENT AND AWARDING OF THE WINNERS AND LAUREATES OF THE COMPETITION
6.1. The competition jury summarizes the results of the II and III stages of the Competition, draws up protocols indicating the number of points scored by each Participant, and passes them to the Organizer after the last participant’s performance. The final score of the participant consists of the semi-final and final and is determined by the Jury members on a ten-point scale.
6.2. The winner of the Competition is the participant with the highest number of points at the end of stages II and III. The winners of the Contest are the participants who took second and third place.
6.3. The winners of the festival, who took 1, 2, 3 place, are awarded:
first place — 2 million Rubles
second place — 1.5 million Rubles
third place — 1 million Rubles
6.4. The festival organizer provides a special prize and audience award for 500 thousand Rubles.
6.5. The winner of the audience award is determined by online voting on the site: doroganayaltu.ru, which is attended by festival-viewers.
6.6. The Festival organizers provide an additional prize — “Golden like”. The prize will be awarded to the contestant whose performance in the YouTube of the Humanitarian World Foundation
(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5m6ktpvmw1shrNTsQsUbSw) will get the most likes from the moment of publication of the speech to the day of the final.
6.7. All participants of the Contest in all categories are awarded honorary diplomas and valuable prizes.
6.8. Compensation payment is made in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation and is made in rubles at the CBR exchange rate on the date of payment of remuneration and taxed in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
7. PARTICIPANTS OF COMPETITION
7.1. The Competition is open to participants who are not citizens of the Russian Federation and not residents in the territory of the Russian Federation, citizens who have reached the age of majority.
7.2. Compulsory condition for participants is to have the experience in the field of vocal performance art and professional portfolio.
8. JURY OF COMPETITION
8.1. The Jury may include artists, actors, representatives of the media and public authorities, as well as representatives of the organizer of the Competition. The Chairman of the Jury is approved by the organizer of the Competition.
8.2. The semi finalists and winners of the Festival are determined based on the following criteria:
- the level of skill, expressiveness, quality, culture and technique of performance of the production;
- artistry of participants and entertainment of the number, production;
- the presence of a bright idea and its artistic implementation;
- modernity, originality, relevance, compliance with the stated topic and age of participants;
- integrity of the number, compliance with the idea and genre of the work, the performing manner of the participants.
9.1. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to make changes to the rules and procedure of the Contest at any time without prior notice.
9.2. By Submitting an application for participation in the Contest, the Contestant agrees to publish personal data about him (full name), as well as photos and videos of his participation in the international music festival “Road to Yalta” on the official website and in other media.
9.3. The Organizer has the right to suspend the contestant from participation in the Festival for non-compliance with this Provision, improper behavior on the territory of the Russian Federation, desecration and distortion of historical facts about the great Patriotic war, as well as attacks on the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the state.